Friday, May 16, 2008

Ruger 10/22

So last weekend I finally picked up a rifle that my 9 year old can easily shoot. Until now, my only rifle was a 50+ year old Sears and Roebuck .22lr... The problem with that one is that it is just too long and too heavy for him to shoot it comfortably. This led me to pick up a nice new Ruger 10/22. Now I did a good bit of research on small, inexpensive .22s before deciding on the Ruger, and while there are other good, high quality rifles out there, none have nearly as many after market parts as the Ruger does.

I plan on putting a Tapco T6 synthetic adjustable stock on it within the next few weeks, this will make it very easy to have a single rifle that is adjustable for both my son and I.

I also plan on adding several other parts; an after market extractor, a buffer pin, a nice set of high visibility sights, and a nice red-dot sight.

I'll be sure to post pictures of the rifle and the process of adding the parts as I do so.

No comments: