Friday, May 16, 2008

The Ruger SR9



First things first, let me say that I have had this gun since February 2nd 2008. It was new when purchased and it was the first gun I bought from a FFL. I spent several months looking for a good full sized pistol that could both be a fun range gun and also a good carry gun. In the SR9, I believe that I have found both.

I already have well over 600 rounds through it without any any failure to fire. I have had 3 instances of rounds that had case ruptures, but I blame those on the ammo as all three were the same head stamp from a mixed box of FMJ that came from a gun show. I will do a separate post on that later.

In the interests of being fair, I have had the barrel replaced because of metal on metal damage that was caused by the slide hitting up against the top of the barrel. Ruger was quick to help and even quicker to remedy the situation, making me even more sure that I had picked a good company to buy a gun from.

So far, the gun has performed much better than I expected, and has proven to be 100% reliable. So reliable in fact that it has led me to add several more Ruger firearms to the list of guns that i plan on buying. In fact, I have already purchased a second Ruger product, a Ruger 10/22 which I will talk about more in a further post.

No comments: