Friday, July 11, 2008

A slight change of pace

Ok, well I feel kinda weird about just copying and pasting articles from all of the other gun bloggers... So, I am going to start a change of pace... One of the things that I am starting to see more and more of are high profile cases where criminals that should have never been let out of jail are released and go on to commit horrific crimes. Growing up in Central Florida, I was quite inundated by the news coverage of the Jessica Lunsford murder.

What struck me the most about the whole thing is that the vile act was committed by someone that should have never been walking the streets in the first place.

Lately I have seen another flood of these similar stories. From the animals that killed the Philly cop last month to the guy that killed the Charlotte cop a few weeks ago, there seems to be a severe epidemic of people walking the streets and committing horrendous crimes even though they have extensive criminal records that should have resulted in them never being allowed to be free.

I have long said of the gun laws in this nation, if a person is so dangerous that we as a society cannot trust them with a gun, then they should not be allowed to walk free. So, in light of this, I am going to start posting about these tragic events as they happen.

No comments: