Tuesday, May 25, 2010

2010 NRA Convention - Show Floor Part IV

First up, the Choate booth. I have heard a lot of good things about their stocks but I really do not know a lot about them as I don't have a gun that would use one of their stocks.

Numrich was there. I asked the guy at the booth about how to get parts that were listed as being out of stock on their site. I asked this because I have a couple of old .22s that I have this problem with. He told me that what they do is buy out warehouses, manufacturers, dealers, gun shops and auctions. This means that they get new supplies in all the time. Also if they get enough demand for a specific part, they will actually tool up some machines and make them if they can. One thing he mentioned is that they were the ones that bought out what was left of Charles Daly. This means that it is likely that parts will be available for them for many years to come.

ISSC-Austria had some interesting products. First up are the .22lr pistols. They look and feel like Glocks though they have a slide mounted safety.

They are also selling a .22lr SCAR clone they call the MK-22. The rifle looked amazing, solidly built and felt good in my hands. The magazines are not compatible with any other brand of .22 so I was told. If I recall correctly, it comes with 3 magazines so that is a plus.

Some pointy things from the Great American Tool Company. Their website talks about the Timberline brand. Obviously they make the Snap-On brand of knives too.

VZ Grips had a really nice display. Their products are a polymer and felt really solid. They make grips for a whole array of pistols. If I had a gun that could use them, I would have picked a pair up.

US Tactical Supply had a nice looking example of their MP-MODSSS. This thing is nice looking, a modular stock system for the Remington 700. At a hefty price tag of $850, this is obviously designed for serious shooters and not your local deer hunter.

A look here at the Redding booth.

DoubleStar had some of their rifles on display.

Viridian had some of their lasers on display. Of particular interest to me was the one on this Ruger SR-9c. I have the full size SR-9 myself and this thing is perfect. It is not only a green laser but a second tap of the button on the side of the laser turns on a flash light.

Ohio Ordinance Works had some of their wares on display too. These are apparently re-manufactured historic military weapons. Below we see a nice looking ma duce.
And then a really sexy looking BAR.
Finally the back end of a SAW.

Airforce Airguns had some of their pretty stuff on display. With a MSRP of under $600, these aren't as highly priced as I would have thought.

Last up was the Olympic Arms booth.

No comments: